It has been a while since I've done anything in my wreck this journal, and honestly I think it's because I'm such a sporadic and mood-driven creative. I tend to have fast-paced spurts of one art medium, then i get tired of it and move onto something else, and that cycle carries on until it returns full circle. it's the same with my reading habits, i'm definitely a mood reader and i don't think that will ever change.
since the last post, i've done six more prompts. not much, but not bad either considering how long it takes me to actually think up an idea to fill the blank page in the first place!
1. DRAW LINES WHILE IN MOTION, ON THE BUS, ON THE TRAIN, WHILE WALKING || pretty simplistic, just a lot of messy lines but hey, i like the photo i took of it so that counts for some thing right? right? yes it does.
2. PRESS LEAVES & OTHER FOUND THINGS || another
3. POKE HOLES IN THIS PAGE USING A PENCIL || if you've read my #essentialsforbiblio post you'll have already seen this response to the prompt, but i thought i'd feature it again because it took a blooming long time. and i don't even know why. all i had to do was colour in lots of circles (and i study art, what?!)
4. TEAR STRIPS, RIP IT UP || i used this prompt as an excuse to practise my mandalas, which these circle type things are apparently called - i call them henna patterns... - anyway. this prompt is actually merged with the one right after it which was GLUE, STAPE, OR TAPE THESE PAGES TOGETHER; so i did patterns on that page, then stuck it all to the (original) page - or what was left of it once i'd torn the strips, so it was all layered and (supposedly) pretty, as i did the bottom page in colour and the top one with black pen. not sure if it worked..
5. ASK A FRIEND TO DO SOMETHING DESTRUCTIVE TO THIS PAGE || no, my friends are not wannabe queen of the fairies, my little sister is, and although i personally didn't complete this page, i like it (and not just because it says i am 'queen of art' on my portrait) (p.s if you're wondering why my sister would call me a term for food, no, she does not mean onion bhaji - baaji means 'older sister', which is what she calls me because i am old)
6. POUR, SPILL, DRIP, SPIT, FLING YOUR COFFEE HERE || i have never drunk tea, or coffee (no, please don't throw things at me) but i like herbal tea (i told you i'm old) so yeah, no coffee was spilled here, just a few mint leaves...
DO YOU HAVE A WRECK THIS JOURNAL? WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE PROMPT TO COMPLETE?