So i thought i would surprise you all with two giveaways, to celebrate the fact the exam season is finishing and summer is finally here!
So without further ado,
Best-selling author Mike Mullin (Ashfall) calls Zenn Scarlett "...delightful, bizarre, and occasionally terrifying." Melissa West (Gravity) says it’s “Utterly imaginative… sci-fi at its best... I couldn’t put it down!” And Temple Grandin (Animals in Translation) says "All future vets will want to read Zenn Scarlett and her adventures with veterinary medicine on alien animals."
Zenn Scarlett is a resourceful, determined 17-year-old girl working hard to make it through her novice year of exovet training. That means she's learning to care for alien creatures that are mostly large, generally dangerous and profoundly fascinating. Zenn’s all-important end-of-term tests at the Ciscan Cloister Exovet Clinic on Mars are coming up, and, she's feeling confident of acing the exams. But when a series of inexplicable animal escapes and other disturbing events hit the school, Zenn finds herself being blamed for the problems. As if this isn't enough to deal with, her absent father has abruptly stopped communicating with her; Liam Tucker, a local towner boy, is acting unusually, annoyingly friendly; and, strangest of all: Zenn is worried she's started sharing the thoughts of the creatures around her. Which is impossible, of course. Nonetheless, she can't deny what she's feeling.
Now, with the help of Liam and Hamish, an eight-foot sentient insectoid also training at the clinic, Zenn must learn what's happened to her father, solve the mystery of who, if anyone, is sabotaging the cloister, and determine if she's actually sensing the consciousness of her alien patients... or just losing her mind. All without failing her novice year....
ok so i have to admit the cover drew me in - i mean seriously. IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COVERS OF THE YEAR. but when i started reading it...it was just awesome. and i'm not really a fan of fantasy||sci-fi stories..
SOLVING CRIME, ONE FACIAL EXPRESSION AT A TIME
Colin Fischer cannot stand to be touched. He does not like the color blue. He needs index cards to recognize facial expressions.
But when a gun is found in the school cafeteria, interrupting a female classmate's birthday celebration, Colin is the only for the investigation. It's up to him to prove that Wayne Connelly, the school bully and Colin's frequent tormenter, didn't bring the gun to school. After all, Wayne didn't have frosting on his hands, and there was white chocolate frosting found on the grip of the smoking gun...
Colin Fischer is a modern-day Sherlock Holmes, and his story--as told by the screenwriters of X-Men: First Class and Thor--is perfect for readers who have graduated from Encyclopedia Brown and who are ready to consider the greatest mystery of all: what other people are thinking and feeling.
oh and guess what? i loved this cover too...lol i sound so shallow - judging books by their covers! haha but i found this a really fun read...perfect for geeky people like me. ;)
the rules and all that shizz.
- Fill in the Rafflecopter below - please don't leave personal details in the comments section (for your own safety)
- This giveaway is UK only. Sorry guys but i'm not going to sending the books off myself, the publisher is.
- You must be 13 or older to enter.
- Nor, I, or the publishers are responsible for books lost or damaged in the post
- Aside from the mandatory entries all others are optional but completing them could give you a better chance of winning :)
- Giveaway ends on 14th July 2013 at 12am.
- I will email the winner who must reply within 48 hours, otherwise the prize will go to someone else :(
- To continue with the whole 'surprise!' element, one of the mandatory entries is that you have to fill in your full address. This is because i am going to just send the winner's address to the publishers, who will then send off your book. So you will have a nice little package in the post if you win!..But don't worry...I'm not going to stalk you!
- There will be two winners.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good Luck! And may the odds be *ever* in your favour!